Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Year....New Adventures!!!

As I welcomed 2010 into my life I only wonder what this year has in store for me. Will this be the year that I find love? Does this year have something unpredictable for me up its sleeve? Is this the year that I go back and finish school? Would this be the year that I leave Tennessee to discover the world? WHAT IS TO BECOME OF ME????

Well...This is what I do know that I "want" of 2010:
  • TrAveL TrAveL TrAveL
  • Moving to a different city
  • Finding a way to go back to school
  • Finally getting back to "me" and what i NEED
  • Achieving all the goals that I set myself up for
  • STICKING with my physical fitness routine
  • NeveR settling for less then I deserve
  • I know that as each day changes...many more "wants" will be added to my list
Lets talk about travel: Bitten my travel and driven by passion
Growing up in California I was smack dab in the middle of diversity and culture. I never felt the judgmental looks that I received when I moved to Camden, Tennessee. Being a 10-year old girl in a town that has little to non diversity or ethic culture, everyone looked at me like I was an space alien. When I lived in Cali there were just as many "white kids" as there were Asians, Hispanics, Blacks, and etc. So the point that I am trying to make with this is that I spent my formative years in a town that is very closed minded when it comes to the broad spectrum of traveling and culture. I am NOT saying that everyone is closed minded or cultural incompetent. I am just stating the fact there I can probably safely say that more then half of "Camdenites" think that coming to Nashville is a HUGE trip. Everyone has their own outlooks on life, vacation and culture (which I 100% respect) but there is just SO much out there to experience and be seen. Everyone should be mandatory to have a Passport.


A LITTLE ABOUT MY BACKGROUND. My father (a good ol tennessee redneck) was once in the Coast Guard. As a child I recall listening to all of his stories about being on that huge ship and seeing all the photos he captured along his journies. My mother (Vietnamese) was born raised in Vietnam and lived a whole other culture until she moved to the U.S. during the Vietnam war. On my 21st birthday my parents bought me a plane ticket to go to Vietnam with my mother to visit my family who I had never met before. (THIS WAS THE SPARK THAT LIT MY FIRE FOR TRAVEL)

Vietnam was amazing!!!! I grew up reading and learning about the Vietnam War but I never thought that it would be a place that I would consider a "vacation location". As I boarded that huge double decker plane, I was not sure what was awaiting for me across the Big Blue Pacific. Weeks flew by that ended when it arrived at the month mark aka our departure date, I was sad to go. Not only did I not want to leave my family that I have just met but there was sooooo much more that I wanted to discover and see! Just think about all the places, towns, walls, trees, rice fields, temples that were touched by the Vietnam War. How was I suppose to be satisfied with just one month? How could people not want to SEE this? When was I going to be able to come back to discover more?....

"Well i don't know how to travel"...Seriously come on, its 2010. Google it!!!!
"I can't"...Well with that attitude, of course not. What is holding you back?
"Its so expensive"...You can not take your money with you when you die!
"What if's"...You only live once and YES trust me, you will not regret it.

All I am trying to say is that you only live once!!! If you want to travel, trAvel. If you dont, dont!

Then there was my London trip back in 2007. NO EXPLANATION NEEDED. Tons of history and eminence amounts of culture. I was there for two and a half weeks and man did we sight see. Once again, how could I possibly see everything that I wanted to see in that small amount of time?...PiCk and ChooSe. Capture the mental image of all that beauty and move on to the next thing. MAN I can not wait to go back. Which lead me to my next adventure....

BeeKah Travels Europe (BeeKah=Beebe and Beka combined)
Beka and I came up with this hair-brained scheme about 6years ago when we first met each other. We have talked then traveled, talked and traveled, and talked BUT have NEVER traveled together. Then late last summer we were discussing what was next on our agenda aka where we were going to move to next. Then the idea came to us..CONQUER EUROPE!!! So we had made up our minds..we are backpack bound! Our journey will begin next June and we will finish it up probably early September. We have sooooo much to plan for and sooooo much to look forward to: wine in Italy, chocolate in Switzerland, beer in Ireland, and HoT European men all over the place...these are all pluses in my book!

So....you wanna know where we are planning on heading???
  • France
  • Czech Republic
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Turkey
  • England
  • Switzerland
  • Hungary
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Ireland
Ohhhhhhhh the dreams that will turn into reality AND the realities that will turn into MeMoRiEs!!!!! More to come on BeeKah Travels Europe......




NEXT ON THE AGENDA: Moving to another city
Well the main question is IF I return from Europe. I DO believe that my Prince Charming is going to sweep me up and let me live in his castle forever ;) Doesnt that sound great?!?!? Well all dreams set aside, I am wanting a change in location (NASHVILLE WILL BE MY HOME SOMEDAY). Where this will be, I have no idea. Ideally it would be somewhere nice and warm so that I can prance around in all my tiny dresses! SO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? Hmmmmm I need connections with a beach house...lol



SCHOOL SCHOOL AND MORE SCHOOL: Where?
So I am planning on moving so I should look into colleges and maybe that will affect where I go. Hmmm maybe I should research schools and then let that decide where I move. Grad School...might as well!



ITS ALL ABOUT ME: Yes it is!!!
This past year I have been putting myself back together. Figuring out who I am, what I want, what I need, what i WANT, and even who I want. This is a difficult decision because who knows what they want? I sure as hell do not!!! All that I do know is that I will not do anything that is swayed or persuaded by anyone but me. It is always nice to have peoples thoughts and opinion and YES there are those times that we have to do things that we do not want to (like certain bars or restaurants, etc.)...I will give in on those type things. BUT the big issues are what I am in total control of and I MYSELF have to live with the outcome! So if I am happy with myself then maybe everyone else around me will be to!!!



GOALS GOALS GOALS: Touchdown!!!!!!
What is there to explain here...I know what I want and I WILL achieve and conquer them all!



YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND: Thank You John Mayer
Doesn't everyone always say that this will be the year that they will get in shape and love the way they look. Well that is not what I am saying. All that I am saying here is that I want to LOVE my body. How can I say that I am "out of shape" because I am in a healthy weight range and I am a size 3 (really can i consider myself overweight?). It is just that every time that I look at myself, I ALWAYS see the "ugly" part that i dislike about my body. I do understand that most women tend to do this but seriously, I need to learn to love everything about myself.

Let me tell you what i "don't like" about about my physical self:
  • I have extremely tiny ankles
  • My inner thighs touch
  • I have a weird dimple in my lower stomach that has always been there and wont go away
  • My left foot is a half size bigger
  • I wish that I had a different nose
  • I was diagnosed with "no-ass-at-all" disease
  • My bangs always split and i hate it
  • I hate that the hair in my armpits are so dark that even if I shave, you can still see them
BUT GUESS WHAT...I love myself and these tiny traits that I don't like are a part of me. SO I WILL LEARN TO LOVE THEM TO!!!


SUGARLAND ROCKS: enough said..I am never settlin'
http://www.cmt.com/videos/sugarland/124873/settlin.jhtml


Adios, bye-bye, cheerio, ciao, goodbye, hasta la vista, have a nice day, godspeed, so long, toodle-oo, parting is such sweet sorrow....our time has come to an end!!!!
This is just the crazy ramblings of a travel crazed girl. I just wanted to get some of these thoughts out of my head and into the vast world of the world wide web! This is just a tiny tidbit of many more comical blogs to come....

*Dream, Believe, Love*
beebe


No comments:

Post a Comment