Monday, January 25, 2010

S.A.D. (Singles Awareness Day) aKa Valentine's Day!!!




Soooo tonight was my first night back to Whiskey Kitchen since I have injured my ankle. I was reacquainting myself with everything and looking around at some of the things that has changed over the last 25 days. I just can not believe that it has 25 days have already come and gone this year. They say that time flies when you are having fun but I hate to tell "them", time flies no matter what you are doing. Just thing about it this way...its only three weeks until that day..that dreaded day that most single people hate, Valentines Day!

Well M-Street (which owns Whiskey Kitchen, LIME, and Virago) is having "lovers specials" all weekend at all its restaurants BuT I will say that at least they are having a S.A.D. PARTY (S.ingles A.wareness D.ay) at Whiskey Kitchen. Honestly all this means is that they are going to have 2-4-1 specials that Sunday so that all the single people can come to Whiskey, get drunk, and maybe hook-up if they are lucky. I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!

Now lets look at Valentines day through my eyes. I am a single 25-year-old woman who really doesn't give two shits about having a date or even that matter a boyfriend on this day or any other. (Not that I would be against DATING someone if the right guy came along) But why is it that on this one day in particular, many singles get so upset that they are "alone" that they feel sooooo sorry for themselves. OH poor poor you. You are NOT alone in that boat! There are ToNs of other single people (like many of my friends and me) that are still out there. This day should not be any different then any other day. If I was in love, I possibly could be singing a whole different tune but seeming that I am not, I say FUCK IT!!! Let those people who are "oh so happy in LoVe" celebrate it with each other. Let those single people who sit at home and mope, I hope that they eat tons of chocolate and get fat. BUT last but not least, Let those people who LOVE being single, let US remind ourselves that we have NO-ONE to answer to and that we CAN and SHOULD do anything or anyONE we feel like!!! ( this is just like that line in 27 Dresses..."Then I remember that I still get to have hot hate sex with random strangers and I feel SO much better!")


This is just the rants and raves of a happily single girl. I cant wait to see what Cupid's day has in store for me!!!!! Fun to be had, drinks to be drank, and memories that I will never forget. So come to Whiskey Kitchen, down some 2-4-1 drinks, and have some fun. More then likely I will either be working or drinking.

IF ANYONE IS READING THIS PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE IN LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS BUT I BELIEVE IN THE "UTTER I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU" KIND OF LOVE. IF YOU HAVE FOUND IT THEN CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH. I JUST THINK THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THEN WHAT I DESERVE..AND TRUST ME, I HAVE NOT MET HIM YET! SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME...OR MAYBE I WILL JUST BE A LONELY CAT LADY!!!!

BuT you know what really matters...I luvers you!!!

~Dream, Believe, Love~
Beebs

No comments:

Post a Comment